January 22, 2016

Hannah's Italian Chicken Skillet

It was 61° in Austin today, so it feels like summer to me... but the rest of you can make this tomorrow to bring that feeling into your homes ;) ha!
I made this for dinner tonight, and it got a thumbs up from both Ritchie & I. Pretty easy to make, SUPER yummy, and the fresh produce totally made me think of summer :) Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 small onion, peeled & diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled & thinly sliced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
Confession time: I totally didn't have fresh basil. I just sprinkled some basil from my spice rack into the skillet, and it still tasted great. But I guess if you have the fresh stuff... go for it ;)

Directions

Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper on both sides.
Heat up the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Put chicken on a separate plate.
Add the onions to the remaining oil in the skillet, and sauté for about 3 minutes until mostly cooked. Then add the tomatoes and garlic, and sauté again for another 3-4 minutes. Add the roasted red peppers and basil, and sauté for one more minute :)
Add the chicken back to the pan, stir together, and then serve warm.

We added some grated parmesan and served it with pasta, but let me know if you try any other sides! Also, I pretty much cook for Ritchie & I, and then give Leah some from my plate. But this recipe could easily be doubled for those of you with more mouths to feed :) Love you all!

this little cutie was my helper tonight :)

2 comments: